Mission Statement: Crane Mountain Valley Horse Rescue, Inc. is dedicated to equine rescue and rehabilitation and to restoring horsemanship, the heritage and humane treatment of the horse.
Founded in 2003, Crane Mountain Valley Horse Rescue, Inc. is an award-winning (visit "Awards" page) not-for-profit organization for equine rescue and rehabilitation located in Westport, New York. We're proud to have been featured in the June 2005 issue of Adirondack Life magazine in an article entitled "Horse Heaven", in NAFE magazine's member profile: "The Horse Rescuer", the Fall 2006 EMMA Bulletin, "Second Chance", recipients of the Humanitarian and Distinguished Alumnae Award, nominated for a 2008 ASPCA lifetime achievement award with a story featured in the Winter 2009 issue of ASPCA Action, and listed in Bill Heller's book After the Finish Line: The Race to End Horse Slaughter In America.
We are also the inspiration for the character, Rachel, in the novel Never the Light of Day. Author, Michael Kaye wrote to us; "Yours is a truly noble cause, and I wanted the world to know, through Rachel, a little slice of what you do each and every day. I'm sure I didn't get all the horse parts right (it is called fiction for a reason!), but I truly tried to convey her deep passion, and her determination to do even more. As I've said, you were the inspiration, pure and simple..."
We receive no state or federal funding, but rely on private philanthropy from the kind hearts and generous spirits of people like you. As a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. As long-standing members of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, integrity and honoring donor intent are our compass. Our administrative costs are less than 10% of our expenses, meaning that 90 cents of every dollar of your tax-deductible donation goes directly to the care of the horses. You can truly mean the difference between life and death.
In addition to saving equine lives, your financial support enables us to help children, adults and those with special needs through our education and outreach programs. To make a gift with lasting, positive impact, please click on the "Donate Now" button to make a gift through PayPal.
"By saving the life of one horse, we may not be changing the world, but we are changing the world for that one horse."
How to Contact Us / How to Make a Tax-Deductible Contribution
Crane Mountain Valley Horse Rescue, Inc.
7556 NYS Route 9N
Westport, New York 12993
To make a tax-deductible contribution, checks are payable to: Crane Mountain Valley Horse Rescue and mailed to the above address, or visit our "DONATE NOW" page and make a gift through PayPal. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Every gift counts. Every gift matters. Thank you!
Other Services Provided
* Tours, field trips, education and outreach programs for local schools, youth organizations and the community. We've participated in job-shadowing programs for high-school students, internships and externships for high school and college students to earn course credit for veterinary school and equine studies, and have hosted field trips to teach kindness and compassion as part of the local school's character development program.
* Volunteer opportunities in the areas of horse care, administration, fundraising, special events, horsemanship, etc.
* Adoption services to give these great horses the second chance in life that they deserve.
* Rehoming of horses for people in need. Sometimes it's about helping people as much as it is about helping horses.
* Natural Horsemanship training: one-on-one or clinics.
* Advising and assisting law enforcement and officials on cruelty cases.
Visiting our Farm
We are open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 518-962-8512 or e-mail us at email@example.com.